Yo he llevado una copa
de una isla a otra isla sin despertar el agua
si la vertía, una sed traicionaba;
por una gota, el don era coduco,
perdida toda, el dueño lloraría
No saludé las ciudades,
no deje elugio a su vuelo de torres,
no abrí los braos en la gran Piramide
ni fundí casa con corro de hijos
Pero entregando la copa, yo dije
con el sol nuevo sobre mi garganta:
"Mis brazos ya son libres como nubes sin dueño
y se mece mi cuello en la colina
de la invitación de las valles."
Mentira fue mi aleluya; vedme
Y tengo la vista caída a mis palmas;
camino lenta, sin diamante de agua;
callada voy, y no llevo tesoro,
y me tumba en el pucho y los pulsos
la sangre batida de angustia y de miedo.
The Glass:
I have carried a glass
from island to island without waking the water.
If it spilled, it betrayed a thirst,
for one drop, the gift was decrepit:
everything lost, the owner would cry.
I did not salute the cities;
I did not say a eulogy to the towers' flight,
I did not open my arms in the great Pyramid
nor establish a home with a circle of kids
But handing over the cup, I said
with the new sun on my throat
"My arms are already free like ownerless clouds
and my neck is dangled on the hill
at the invitation of the valleys."
My hallelujah was a lie. Look at me.
I have the view fallen into my palm;
a slow road without a diamond of water;
and, blood pumping in breast,
I pulse with anguish and a fear, I collapse!
-Gabriela Mistral, Chile
I love this poem, so sad, yet so beautiful. Hay que aprovechar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment