This is a compilation of some of the sounds I gathered in Maldives alongside some small excerpts from a few interviews. This piece doesn't really have a particular flow - it's really a smattering of many people I met, but the general topics covered are : Changes, Art, democracy, Religion, the 2005 tsunami, environment, and the future. Music once again by Shiuz and the Villingili Jam Crew (Sunta, Thanzy and Shifa) also Zero Degree (Kalhusoru from the Dhoni Album), interviews and sounds from all over the islands - bodu beru drumming, traffic, the mosque, even catching a fish in Thulhaadhoo. I hope you enjoy it!November 30, 2009
Maldives through Sound
This is a compilation of some of the sounds I gathered in Maldives alongside some small excerpts from a few interviews. This piece doesn't really have a particular flow - it's really a smattering of many people I met, but the general topics covered are : Changes, Art, democracy, Religion, the 2005 tsunami, environment, and the future. Music once again by Shiuz and the Villingili Jam Crew (Sunta, Thanzy and Shifa) also Zero Degree (Kalhusoru from the Dhoni Album), interviews and sounds from all over the islands - bodu beru drumming, traffic, the mosque, even catching a fish in Thulhaadhoo. I hope you enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, Aylie, I'm trying to get set up to communicate this way... Your aunt Robin
ReplyDeleteHa! I had a remote session with your granddad this evening and showed him how to explore your site. We made him a Favorite in his browser so that he and Mom can explore at leisure. Uncle Bud had called them asking when you will be in Chile, so we emailed him your itinerary with a link to the blog and asked that he pass it along to Sophia. I'll be in Maine in July and hope I get to see you then -- all bubbly from you travels! Keep having fun! -- Robin
ReplyDeleteAylie dear--just listened to your piece and am so, so, moved--you've captured the texture of the place beautifully. I miss you lots. It's strange to be back in the states, sort of disorienting--Merry almost Christmas, keep on keepin' on, and happy almost new year! I'll think of you when I'm up in Vermont. In true Aylie Baker fashion, am spending January doing an indepdenent study with Sue...we've named it the Aylie Baker Memorial Course. Sending you lots of hugs from the lone star state! xs and os, sarah
ReplyDelete